Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Terrifying Revenge of the B-Movie!!!: Scene 23

SCENE 23

INT – VICTORIAN ERA PARLOR
(NOBLE, FREAK)

THE BRITISH NOBLE IS SITTING IN HIS CHAIR. IN THE CHAIR NEXT TO HIM, PERFECTLY GROOMED AND DRESSED, IS THE HIDEOUS FREAK.

NOBLE

Hello, and welcome back. Tonight you're watching "The Hideous Freak" starring several people. With us tonight is one of those people, J. Edwin Pendergast, the actor who played the title role, that is, the hideous freak. Thank you for being with us today, Mr. Pendergast.

FREAK

Oh, the pleasure is all mine, sir, the pleasure is all mine.

NOBLE

So what are you doing now?

FREAK

Well, I'm not doing any new projects right now. I'm just doing some of the late night talk shows. I've been on Johnny Carson, Jay Leno, Jack Paar.

NOBLE

I see. Now, then, tell us about your experiences playing the hideous freak.

FREAK

Well, some people say that it was the role I was born to play, being a hideous malformed freak and all.

NOBLE

Of course.

FREAK

But I say it was the role which I worked and slaved and laboriously, uh…labored to portray. I think I did a rather bang-up job, too.

NOBLE

Oh, quite, quite. Well, there you have it, ladies and gentlemen, straight from the horse's...er, mouth. And now back to "The Hideous Freak", starring J. Edwin Pendergast who is with us today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)