Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Last War: Chapter 64, Parts 1 and 2

El Nariz looked unhappily at the flowing water of the Potomac River which lay before him. He touched it with his finger. It was ice cold. He looked back at the American.

"I don't think I want to do this," said the Colombian.

"Fine. We'll just go back and hang you, then."

"Remind what my incentive is again."

"Ten million dollars and amnesty."

El Nariz took a whiff of the air around him and it no longer smelled like cold, polluted water. It smelled like money. He dived in and began to swim with the current, chattering his teeth, towards Washington D.C.

***

"This is it," said Marianne Totschläger, "No holds barred. We don't stop fighting until Washington D.C. is taken, or every last one of us is dead. Understood?"

In barking unison the Motorrad Gruppe replied, "Jawohl, Frau Hauptmann."

"All right, then, dismissed."

The squad scrambled out of ranks to board their individual bikes. The ramp was slammed into the city walls and the German shock troops began pouring in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)