Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Monday, September 13, 2010

A Fistful of Zombies 19

Cut back to the present. Closeup on Denver, haunted by the memories of his wife.

TAYLOR
Sheriff?

Denver looks up.

DENVER
Huh?

TAYLOR
You were a thousand miles away.

Denver looks down at his remaining bullets, laid out before him. Some have crosses carved into them. He picks one up and begins carving a cross into it.

DENVER
Sorry, just picking cotton, I suppose.

Taylor and Bernardo are also carving crosses into their bullets. Miguel kisses each of his shotgun shells and makes the sign of the cross over it. Chapelle comes up with a canteen full of water and hands it to Vazquez. Vazquez begins to bless the water. Miguel holds out a pistol to Chapelle. Chapelle pushes it away.

CHAPELLE
Thank you, I don’t like firearms. The only weapon I like to employ is this one.

Chapelle points at his head. Miguel shrugs.

MIGUEL
Your funeral.

VAZQUEZ
Hold out your weapons.

The four gunfighters hold out their weapons towards Vazquez.

VAZQUEZ
May God forgive me for this.

Vazquez sprinkles the weapons with holy water and blesses them.

MIGUEL
Now we’re holy warriors.

DENVER
Come on, let’s find the army.

CHAPELLE
I’m afraid we’ll have to go through town for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)