Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I Win. Again.

Here.  Go follow Becky's blog if you're not.  She's awesome.  And I have no ulterior reason for saying so.  (Although I do like seeing my interwebs handle treated as a first and last name.  Henceforth I insist that all correspondents refer to me as "Mr. Leg.")  Although I did just notice that I forgot to mention this contest until it was over again.  That's getting to be my modus operandi.  I'm going to make a concerted effort from now on to inform you, my beloved fans, of everything as soon as I know about it.  Preferably BEFORE I know about it.

So, along those lines, here's another website I like, literally just discovered with (hopefully) no time limits on it.  Have any blog followers (Burnsians, if you will) in fact ever submitted a short work for real-life publication?  If so, please let me know in the comment section, so I can know what to expect.  I never actually submitted a poem or a short story for publication, so I have no idea what goes into that whole business, but damned if this Duotrope thing doesn't seem like a good place to start.  No doubt I'll waste the next few months doing that instead of querying the legendary Braineater Jones.  Look for it to hit bookshelves in 2017, or around the time when the anachronism of a brick-and-mortar store for purchasing a novel seems more hilarious than ever.

By the way, in case you were wondering, which I realize you're probably not, but I have almost certainly never explained, a Redleg is actually two things in common parlance, both of which I have no objection to being associated with.  The first is a pro-North partisan in Civil War-era Kansas, which I am increasingly feeling like as our country seems to swell with the ranks of the lunatic modern-day equivalent of secessionists.  The second is a member of my beloved Field Artillery Corps, so you can guess where that appelation comes from.

End communication. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)