Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Dread and Breakfast: Completed Questionnaire

Ok, so with this player's permission, I'm going to show you an example of how someone completed a guest questionnaire.  One thing I found fascinating was how the various players, even the ones such as the guests who were given IDENTICAL questionnaires, all found wildly different ways to answer.  That's part of the fun of this game.  So, without further ado, I give you "George Worthy:"

1. What do you do for a living and what do you wish you were doing instead?

Civil engineer; astronaut

2. What brings you to a Bed and Breakfast in the middle of Lancaster county? Is this your ideal vacation or do you wish you were somewhere else?

Mom got half-off deals for the rooms. I would prefer more activity but will welcome the silence nonetheless.

3. Which friend or family member came with you to the B&B? Why did this person come with you?

Mother. She wanted to go antiquing and I wanted to get out of my area and reconnect.

4. What do you have packed in your suitcase? Which one of those objects will you keep hidden from the other players at all costs?

Clothes, pencil and pad, binoculars, tennis (stress) ball; not-exactly-prescription painkillers (let's say oxycontin)

5. You once had to kill an animal. Describe the circumstances, how you felt about it then, and how you feel about it today.

A distant relative had a farm (not nearby) and while visiting the older cousins held down a lamb and made me cut the throat. At the time I felt a mixture of trying to feel pleased about "fitting in" and being haunted by the screams. Now it's still disturbing but I'm more irritated that I was suckered by peer pressure.

6. What one thing will you give up anything to protect? Your country, a family member, your wealth, or something else entirely?

Anything to protect my current fiancee. Things are not going so well between us right now though.

7. What is your crippling physical or mental weakness?

Besides the drug dependency, claustrophobia and water that I can't stand in are paralyzing.

8. How did you lose your first fortune?

Withdrawing my investment from a friend's start-up soon after college. Bad blood after that, but then it took off. His company went public around this time last year.

9. Where did you first hear about the B&B? Do you know the owner personally? What made you decide on this one?

I used to get newsletter emails for some reason. Do not know the owners. Mom found the deal too hard to resist and I needed dome temporary distance between myself and my place.

10. How did your pet once save your life?

Cassie kept me from sleeping through a gas leak. She pawed at my face and meowed and hissed until I was able to crawl outside and call the fire department. After we got outdoors Cassie ran into the wooded area near our place. Fortunately nothing horrible resulted from the leak. Two weeks later, Cassie came back and looked terrible. I figured I owed it to her to do whatever it took to get her better but two months later she died.

11. What is your secret skill that you are immensely good at but immensely embarrassed about?

Remembering numbers, specifically digits of pi. To 300.

12. When your parents used to keep you up in the middle of the night by yelling at each other, what did you do?

Tent the sheets and play action figures

13. What is your name? Who were you named after and why?

George Ruth Worthy. Named for the baseball player due to my parents' fandom and being born on the same date and hospital as the previous Babe. Apparently my parents did not consider the implication of "Ruth" as a middle name for those less versed in baseball history. Played my share of little league games but stopped after middle school (was mostly for the parents' approval)

1 comment:

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)