Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Friday, February 24, 2012

What I'm doing right now...

This is for the good of the writing community, so I'll describe this here on my "writing" blog rather than on Twitter or Facebook or eBay. Let me know if you've had a similar experience.

Right now I'm carefully analyzing the word choice on a very positive but non-committal e-mail from an agent.  If I'm being honest and objective, I suspect this entire message boils down to, "we like your manuscript enough not to reject it outright, so we're still mulling it over...more to follow."

However, if I'm being myself, as I sometimes, sadly, can't help being, I can't help but wonder if "more attention" means "we're calculating overseas figures."  And, for that matter, whether "sincerely" means "I'll suck your cock for a thousand dollars."  And so on.

At this point, I'm considering going back to review one of the agent's recent TV appearance, and go frame by frame, glancing deeply into his eyes to see whether he is thinking about my manuscript or not.  I'm sure there's something in there that can tell me...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)