Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Friday, August 22, 2014

The Dark Half of the Spooky Twins: An Interview with Tonia Brown, Author of SUNDOWNERS

Willkommen, meine kleine Katzen und Hunden!  Today we have a very special treat on the blog.  Since I know you're all tired of hearing what I think about dumb shit, I've enlisted the aid of the talented Tonia Brown to give you all a break.  Tonia is the author of the brand spankin' new horror novel SUNDOWNERS and...but perhaps I've already said too much!  So, first let's meet the author, and then we'll dive right in with some incisive and perhaps even insightful interview questions.

About Tonia Brown:



Tonia Brown is a southern author with a penchant for Victorian dead things. She is the author of BADASS ZOMBIE ROAD TRIP, LUCKY STIFF, RAILROAD, and many others. She lives in the backwoods of North Carolina with her genius husband and an ever fluctuating number of cats. She likes fudgesicles and coffee, though not always together. When not writing she raises unicorns and fights crime with her husband under the code names Dr. Weird and his sexy sidekick Butternut.

You can find out more about her on Twitter, Facebook, or her website.

Interview


SK:  I understand that you are Brian Keene’s #2 fan in the world and you recently got to meet him.  Would you care to glurge for a moment?

TB:  Meeting Mr. Keene was awesome. He was very laid back and cool. He was also supportive and encouraging. I’ve met a number of writers in my time doing conventions, and I have to say, he has been one of the nicest folks so far.

SK:   If you and your sister were in the WWE together, what would your team name be?

TB:  Spooky Twins. My brother-in-law, Donald, drew this logo for us.


Wow, that is...seriously freaking me out.

SK:  Why do you think The Beatles are so wildly overrated?

TB:  Overrated?  You are dead to me.  DEAD TO ME!

SK:   You are profanely, ludicrously prolific. Your CV is, like, ridiculous. I just kind of gave up about halfway through. So why don’t you just tell us, if I walked into Plato’s cave right now, and the shadow on the wall was of a Tonia Brown story, which story would it be?


TB:  Good gosh, I don’t know. Maybe BADASS ZOMBIE ROAD TRIP. I love that story. It’s got a zombie and a stripper and Satan. What’s not to love?

SK:  Imagine if you suddenly Quantum Leaped into the body of Johnny Unitas during the ’58 Championship. (Kids still know what Quantum Leap is, right? Yeah, yeah, I’m sure they do.) Okay. So your brain and your reflexes and stuff are still you. But you have the body of Johnny Unitas. Do you still play, even knowing how you’re going to change history if you suck? And if not, what do you do? WHAT DO YOU DO?


TB:  First of all, I had to look up Johnny Unitas. Not a big football fan here. So um, I probably wouldn’t play. I’d fake pulling a hammy or something. I wouldn’t want to wreck the guy’s career on my lousy knowledge of feet balls. Of course, if Al were to guide me along, I might be able to pull it off. Rely on my team mates to carry the weight, that sort of thing.

About SUNDOWNERS:


This seriously just freaks me the balls out every time I see it.  What is it?  Like Venom's evil stepbrother or what?

SUNDOWNERS is a backwoods southern horror about the importance of family, the power of gossip and the nature of the artistic muse.

Fifteen years ago, siblings Coil and Cassiopeia suffered an incident in the woods behind their family home. Now, fifteen years later, the self-exiled Coil has come home to deal with his world famous sister as she suffers from sundowning; severe and violent personality shifts after the sun sets. In order to cure Cass, the pair of siblings must come to terms with their old demons, both figuratively and literally. They find an ancient and terrible horror has risen once more from the backwoods of the family home, and this time it threatens to not only tear their family apart, but also the small town of Ellenville, and perhaps the entire world.

You can purchase it on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)