Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Friday, April 10, 2015

BRAVE NEW GIRLS Illustration Reveal!

Everybody, take a look at this beautiful illustration for my story in BRAVE NEW GIRLS, an anthology of YA sci-fi stories in support of encouraging young girls to go into STEM careers:

dracomorrigan.deviantart.com

This is courtesy of Adrian DeFuria, a fine young artist and all-around nice guy.

So what's going on here?  Well, I was hoping by this point that my sci-fi novel THE HYENA would've been published shortly before or around the same time as "The Keys to the Stars," which serves as a sort of prequel to that universe.  There are even a few Easter eggs in the short which will now go unappreciated until the novel finds a home. 

I'll try not to spoil the story, but this delightful creature is called a Clorofin.  The Clorofin race was not, in fact, introduced in the first HYENA novel (well, I think they may have been mentioned) but a major Clorofin character will be introduced in book two.  So the short was supposed to be both a prequel to the first novel and an introduction to a species that will become more prominent in the second.  But, of course, the short stands on its own, and I hope you all will enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)