Manuscripts Burn


MANUSCRIPTS BURN

"Manuscripts don't burn"
- Mikhail Bulgakov

Hi, I'm horror and science fiction author Steve Kozeniewski (pronounced: "causin' ooze key.") Welcome to my blog! You can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, and Amazon. You can e-mail me here, join my mailing list here, or request an e-autograph here. Free on this site you can listen to me recite one of my own short works, "The Thing Under the Bed."

Friday, February 17, 2017

Women in Horror Month #8: Amber Fallon, Author of THE TERMINAL



I've had the pleasure of meeting today's guest at a number of conventions and I've learned one thing: she is ravenous.  Ravenous to attend events, ravenous to learn about the industry, and ravenous to produce and publish.  I expect she's going to go a long way, so I'm pleased to be able to feature her, before she takes everything over.  Let's meet her now.

About Amber Fallon:



Amber Fallon lives in a small town outside Boston, Massachusetts that she shares with her husband and their two dogs. A techie by day and a horror writer by night, Mrs. Fallon has also spent time as a bank manager, motivational speaker, produce wrangler, and apprentice butcher.  Her obsessions with sushi, glittery nail polish, and sharp objects have made her a recognized figure around the community.

Amber's publications include THE TERMINAL, THE DAUGHTERS OF INANNA, SO LONG AND THANKS FOR ALL THE BRAINS, DAILY FRIGHTS 2012, WOMEN OF THE LIVING DEAD, ZOMBIE TALES, HERE BE CLOWNS, HORROR ON THE INSTALLMENT PLAN, ZOMBIES FOR A CURE, A QUICK BITE OF FLESH, DAILY FRIGHTS 2013, MIRROR, MIRROR, OPERATION ICE BATPAINTED MAYHEM, and RETURN TO DEATHLEHEM.

For more information, please tweet her or visit her blog and listen to her podcast, "It Cooks" on Project iRadio!

You can also find her on Amazon and Facebook.

Interview:


SK:  What are your horror credentials?

AF:  I've been a horror fan all my life. I was actually supposed to be named after Edgar Allan Poe...then I had to go and be born a girl...on the 134th anniversary of his death no less. I wrote my first horror story at age 9. I've been published in a variety of small press anthologies and my debut novella, THE TERMINAL, is available now.

SK:  Who or what terrifies you?

AF:  Giraffes terrify me. They are awful. I also have a mild case of trypophobia.

SK:  Are there unique challenges to being a woman in horror or do you feel like gender is irrelevant?

AF:  There are some challenges to being a woman in the horror industry. There's a good deal of bias still out there, that's for sure. I once had a sexist jerk insist that I didn't write horror, it was "paranormal romance" (which is laughable if you've read my work. I don't pull punches when it comes to gore or violence, but there is very little in the way of love or sex in anything I've written) he also called me "sweetheart" in a condescending tone... and I'm not alone. I would be willing to bet that any female horror fan, author, artist, musician, or filmmaker could give you similar accounts of BS they've had to deal with.

SK:  Who are your favorite female horror icons?

AF:  Shirley Jackson. Ruby Jean Jensen. Mary Shelley. R. R. Ryan. Mary SanGiovanni.

SK:  What are you working on/promoting currently? Why should folks check it out?

AF:  I have a book coming out from Eraserhead Press in September. It's called THE WARBLERS and it's a coming of age tale about a young boy in rural Appalachia around 1900... oh, and there are monsters.

About THE TERMINAL:


30792803

Air travel during the holiday season. Yuck. Stupid people, flight delays, and long lines at security are pretty much the worst things ever - or so Dirk Bradley thought until a horde of bloodthirsty psychopaths from beyond the stars invaded the airport, cutting a swath of death and destruction through everything he knew and loved. Can he survive the attack and live to tell the tale? What hope does an average Joe have against a race of brutal killers bent on world domination?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your e-mail address in the box below and click "Subscribe" to join Stephen Kozeniewski's Mailing List for Fun and Sexy People. (Why the hell would anyone ever want to join a mailing list?)